1. Use your gift money wisely.
• You can put your gift money in an investment program that you can eventually tap into for a house.
• It’s never too early to start planning for retirement. So stash some of the cash for a retirement savings program.
• You should always have enough cash in savings to cover 3 to 4 months worth of expenses. If you haven’t already done so, put some of the money into a cash investment program.
2. Do a spreadsheet that compares each person’s medical insurance coverage to see which one fits your needs better.
3. Make sure you add your spouse’s name to your medical and life insurance policies as soon as you’re married.
4. If your spouse isn’t already listed as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy, change it now.
5. Get a will drawn up.
6. Keep credit cards and bank accounts in separate names (if you would like). This way, you’ll be able to establish or continue having separate lines of credit.
7. Figure out how much each of you will contribute to a joint savings account. Take into consideration how much each of you earns.
Leave a Reply