First things first, I always recommend to all my couples to do a first look. If you want the first time your groom sees you to be when you’re walking down the aisle, totally okay! A first look is not for everyone. But if you are on the fence about having a first look, here are some reasons why it could be beneficial for you:
- You can get your photos done before the ceremony (which gives you and your future-hubby time to enjoy yourselves at your own party). If you don’t do a first look, you won’t be able to get your couple photos done (or much of anything else) and you will have to do photos after your ceremony before your reception. From experience, guests get really antsy if they have to wait too long for the photos to get done.
- Because your make-up and hair will still be perfect!
- It can be really intamite and you will have a private moment with your soon-to-be husband and can even do private vows together that you may not want to do in front of everyone.
- You may feel significantly less nervous if you see your future husband and spend a little time together before you walk down the aisle.
- It leaves you more time to have fun and talk to all your guests instead of just saying “hi” and “bye”.